We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?Upload Photo
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Other current and historical names
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Clevedon within this administrative area. Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Gazetteer of the British Isles (Edinburgh: Bartholomew, 1887). John Bartholomew
Clevedon.-- par., vil., and branch terminus of Bristol and Exeter Ry., E. Somerset, 16 miles SW. of Bristol and 134 miles W. of London, 2987 ac. land and 1080 water, pop. 4869; P.O., T.O., 2 Banks, 1 newspaper. The vil., which is under a rocky height called Dial Hill, 1 mile from Bristol Channel, is a favourite watering-place. Myrtle Cottage was for some time the residence of Coleridge (1772-1834), the poet. St Andrew's Church contains the tomb of Hallam (1777-1859), the historian. On the pier head is a lighthouse, with fixed light seen 7 miles. Clevedon Court, seat, of time of Edward II., is 1 mile NE. of vil.
A village in Portbury hundred, in the county of Somerset.