Carlingcott, Bath and North East Somerset
We don't have any photos of this place yet. Why don't you be the first to upload one?
Approximate Location Map
Use two fingers to pan or zoom the map
Carlingcott is a village in Bath and North East Somerset
Other current and historical names
- Parish/Community: Peasedown St. John
- Unitary Authority: Bath and North East Somerset
- Region: South West
- Category: Populated Place
- Type: Village
- Latitude/Longitude: 51°19'17"N 2°26'11"W
- Eastings/Northings: 369669, 158145
- OS Grid: ST696581
- Mapcode Local: GBR JY.WV3T
- Mapcode Global: VH89H.Q16P
Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Carlingcott within this administrative area.
Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Carlingcott in the Domesday Book
A village in Wellow hundred,
in the county of Somerset.
- Lord of the Manor in 1066: Godman
- Tenant in Chief in 1086: Count of Mortain
- Lord of the Manor in 1086: Richard son of Turolf (subinfeudated)
- Taxable Value: 3 1⁄2 geld
- Value to Lord of the Manor: £3 in 1070; £2 10/- in 1086
- Households: 1 villager; 3 smallholders; 1 slave
- Plough Teams: 2 lord's ploughs (3 plough lands)
- Meadow: 10 acres
- Mills: 1, value 5 shillings
- Animals in 1086: 3 cows; 12 pigs